Tuesday 15 January 2008

Being Right May Be Alright



On reflection (ps, no one agrees with me), it's ok that he's right wing. Good, even. I like people who have strong opinions and are not afraid to express them. (Admittedly, I am less fond of people who do not share my opinions, but I'm working on that.) Right wing is definitely better than moderate (I hate people who sit on the fence).
And so far, I have discovered that the side of his right wingism that expresses a disdain for riff-raff is also the side that informs the bars and restaurants he frequents, which I can definitely live with (and, in fact, frequent myself). The gym is he trains at is one of those ghastly exclusive and horrendously overpriced places, but at least it's not one of those hateful chain gyms (I myself belong to an overpriced independent gym, but it's a funky, urban, underground gym and the trainers are brilliant.)


I actually postponed our date tonight, amid concerns of possible fuckwittage. Thankfully he has proved me wrong, but I still declined his later invitation to join him at home for whisky (dammit). I went to the gym instead. But I promise: when we do meet up, I will not be accompanied by my food diary or multi-tiered vitamin holder.

No comments: